Performs routine repairs and general maintenance of the garage and equipment under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor. Shows a commitment to quality service by working within established procedures and processes under verbal and written instruction. Inspects equipment, structures and materials to identify problems or defects. Advocates good will toward the City of Virginia Beach by providing excellent customer service to residents and guests.
- Must be able to troubleshoot minor plumbing, electrical, and other maintenance issues
- Must be knowledgeable of basic maintenance procedures as related to above duties
- Must know how to safely use hand and power tools in performance of plumbing, electrical, and other maintenance tasks
- Must know how to read basic blueprints and instruction manuals.
- Understands Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Operates within OSHA guidelines
- Must be able to recognize safety hazards to public and staff
- Must be able to stand and walk for the majority of the shift.
- Has the ability to use whole body to climb, lift, balance, walk, stoop and handle materials
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must keep tools and equipment clean, organized, and in working order
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Understands Google applications such as Gmail and Google calendar
- Strong attention to detail
- Fundamental knowledge of Oceanfront area
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions
- Must be able to work hours in excess of normally scheduled hours